Now hiring shift supervisors for variable hour’s positions with full time potential. Apply today to be part of long established brand that is passionate about food and people.
Reports To: General Manager (GM)
Under general direction from the General Manager and in accordance with applicable policy and procedures, the incumbent is responsible for the effective operation of the Company restaurant and the administration of all company policies and procedures within the guidelines of Weathervane Seafoods Inc. In conjunction with the General Manager, ensures that all company property and equipment are properly maintained, assists in staff development for the continued growth of the Company, assists in monitoring and maintaining profitability to a budget set forth by the Company and is an effective coach and routinely assesses and coaches employees to perform their job excellently.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Staffing and Training:
- To assist in the training of all employees. All training is to be done according to Weathervane standards as set forth in the Weathervane training manuals and resources. Will use all available resources to keep the restaurant properly staffed and trained.
- Coaches, praises and participates in disciplining employees to ensure staff performance is consistent and meeting Weathervane standards. Will not tolerate poor performance in the unit. Documents all negative performances and behaviors; and recommends disciplinary action to the General Manager or Assistant Manager, if on duty.
- Participates in monthly management team meetings and making constructive contributions.
- Creates shift line-ups daily for FOH and/or reviews BOH.
- When required either by unit volume or staffing levels, must be proficient as defined by the company at each cooking station and each FOH position.
- When required either by unit volume or staffing levels, capable of working a minimum of 4 consecutive hours without a break at a cooking station or any FOH position.
- Ensures that all policies and procedures in regards to cost control are being followed in the unit, including security, labor cost, food cost, line checks, Manager Walk Through, closing checklists, recipe books, and in other areas as determined by Weathervane management.
- Takes an active role in the weekly inventory procedures. All paperwork and calculations should be neat, organized, correct, and verified by the GM.
- In conjunction with the General Manager, manages staff productivity and Team Service to achieve daily sales and labor projections and follows correct scheduling and cutting procedures to ensure accuracy.
- In conjunction with the General Manager, manages staff and ordering to maintain acceptable food costs, alcohol costs, product inventory and controllable costs as set forth by the company.
- Responsible for creating and reviewing on a daily basis prep & pull sheets, prepares kitchen for line check and addresses any outstanding issues, establishes use and reviews accuracy of lobster count sheets and reviews portioning to ensure accuracy and food safety.
- Manages receipt of all purchased products to ensure accuracy and food safety.
- If the General Manager or an Assistant Manager is not the MOD, recommends daily features that deliver value to our guests while achieving food cost and use of product mix that maximizes gross margin. Will follow current feature board guidelines as described in the Manager’s Resource Guide.
- Strives to maintain a sanitation score above an 80%.
- Responsible for making certain all nightly closing check sheets are being done properly.
- Follows through with weekly/monthly cleaning schedules.
- Ensures that all storage areas, coolers and lines are clean and organized at all times.
- Ensures that all dining room and lobby areas are clean and organized at all times
- Ensures all staff are in proper dress code and adhering to all safety policies.
- Ensures that all petty cash account policies are followed.
- Accurately and effectively communicates with staff and management.
- Accurately and effectively communicates through the use of the Manager’s Log Book.
- Reads Company and unit Memos and emails and effectively communications required actions to all staff.
- Communicates all issues regarding the staff or restaurant to the DM, GM or MOD in an effective and timely manner.
- Ensures accurate and timely completion of the following: Line Checks, Pull and Prep Sheets, Ordering (including par levels), Waste Sheets, Lobster Tracking, Kitchen line ups, FOH line ups, Manager Walk Through, Safe Log, Deposit Log, Restaurant Quick Check, Office Orders and Training Orders.
- Post purchase invoices to the journal following Company procedures.
- Maintains the accuracy, organization and timely completion of the unit’s change orders, donation requests, reservations, memo book, log book, slip audit procedures and Flash Sheet procedures and ensuring that the proper policies for each are followed.
- Maintains the accuracy, organization and timely completion of the following daily cash procedures: Proper cash handling, Daily banking deposits, Proper book detail, and Proper sales journals reporting, Following cash shortage procedures and reporting properly.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position requires the employee to be available to work a minimum of 40 hours per week, which will include weekends and/or holidays.
- This position requires the employee to maintain open availability and the company will schedule the employee, as it deems necessary for successful operation of the restaurant.
- The Shift Supervisor will make certain that all policies and procedures set forth in the Company Handbook are being followed properly in the unit.
- The Shift Supervisor will make certain all policies and procedures set forth in the Safety handbook are being followed properly in the unit.
- The Shift Supervisor will perform other related duties as required.
May have up to 60 days to complete required training.
- ServSafe or other Certified Food Safety Course approved by the Company
- CPR certification
- TIPS certification or other Alcohol Responsibility Course approved by the Company
- LCI Training requirements to Company Standards
- Be able to attain Authorized Driver status
Assists General Manager and/or Assistant Manager, if on duty, in supervision of all restaurant employees by guiding and supervising the team members in the effective operations of the unit. Recommends to General Manager and/or Assistant Manager, if on duty, disciplinary or corrective action.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- 90% of time standing and 10% of time sitting.
- Direct contact with guests, managers and employees.
- Behaves professionally and can be flexible in a changing environment.
- Must be able to carry loads greater than 35 pounds, and be able to transport up to 70 pounds regularly.
- Routinely communicating face-to-face, on the telephone and in writing, requiring strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Frequently required to climb stairs and/or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Frequently required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Must have clarity of vision of twenty inches or less.
- Travel may be required for occasional deliveries, visits to other locations, or company meetings.
- Excellent attendance is required with schedule flexibility, including working more than 40 hours per week, as determined by business needs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. The company reserves the right to alter or modify this position description, with or without notice.