Now hiring line cooks for variable hour’s positions with full time potential. Experience a plus but willing to train the right individual. Apply today to be part of long established brand that is passionate about food and people.
Reports To: General Manager (GM) / Manager on Duty (MOD) / Kitchen Manager (KM) / Shift Supervisor (SS) / Kitchen Supervisor (KS)
Under general direction from the General Manager and in accordance with applicable policy and procedures, the incumbent is responsible to assist in the effective operation of the kitchen of a Company restaurant and the administration of all company policies and procedures within the guidelines of Weathervane Seafoods Inc. The Line Cook ensures that all company property and equipment are properly maintained, assists in staff development for the continued growth of the Company, assists in monitoring and maintaining profitability to a budget set forth by the Company and is an effective coach and routinely assesses and coaches employees to perform their job excellently.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Understanding the importance of following recipes and plating food to ensure 100% Guest Satisfaction
- Taking pride in his/her appearance while adhering to Weathervane Seafoods’ Dress Code
- Following all safety and sanitation guidelines at all times
- Ensuring the highest quality preparation and presentation of food items
- Serving hot food hot and cold food cold every time
- Grill, fry, broil, steam, and microwave raw and prepared foods
- Measure and assemble ingredients and cooked items according to Weathervane Seafoods recipes, build charts and menu specifications
- Portioning food by correct weight into individual and bulk packages
- Washing and cleaning fruit and vegetables for peeling, dicing, shredding or slicing using kitchen hand-utensils or electric equipment.
- Preparing any re-fires or special requests
- Preparing and handling any orders with allergies to current Weathervane Seafoods procedures
- Preparing food in a way to avoid waste and spoilage, ensure high quality, and to maintain food safety standards.
- Following proper dishwashing and pot washing procedures.
- Completing specific cleaning responsibilities and station maintenance including but not limited to, the walk-in refrigeration, prep, and dry storage areas.
- Setting up, maintaining and breaking down the kitchen utilizing current Line Check and Kitchen Closing Check sheet
- Stocking or restocking items on the line according to specification.
- Responsible for the set-up, cleaning and stocking of assigned station.
- When required either by unit volume or staffing levels be capable of working a minimum of 4 consecutive hours without a break at a cooking station.
- Adhere to all company policies regarding proper rotation of product and proper use of day dots and day bags.
- Tare all scales prior to use and check periodically with continued use.
- Maintain correct temperature and quality of cooking oil in fryers
- Ensures flour is sifted often and properly
- Keeps all product at proper temperature, reach-in coolers at correct temperature, doors and flip tops of reach-in coolers kept closed, product kept below the ice on the drop table, walk-in freezer and cooler doors kept closed.
- Ensures all proteins cooked to the proper temperature.
- Assist to maintain a sanitation score above an 80%.
- Responsible for completing nightly closing duties.
- Follows through with assigned weekly/monthly cleaning tasks.
- Ensures that all storage areas, coolers and lines are clean and organized at all times.
- Communicates any sanitation or equipment issues to the Kitchen Manager or Manager on Duty
- Accurately and effectively communicates with staff and management.
- Follows Company and unit Memos and emails and effectively communicates required actions to the kitchen staff and management
- Communicates all issues regarding the staff or restaurant to the KM, GM or MOD in an effective and timely manner.
- Accurately punch in and out on the Point of Sale System, including breaks and job changes
- Reviews the schedule on a weekly basis
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position requires the employee to be available to work their provided availability, which will include weekends and/or holidays. Any changes in availability must be provided to the GM or DM in writing for approval.
- The Line Cook will perform other related duties as required.
- High School Diploma or High School equivalency preferred
- Serv Safe or other Certified Food Safety Course approved by the Company
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- 90% of time standing and 10% of time sitting.- they don’t sit
- Direct contact with vendors, managers and employees.
- Behaves professionally and can be flexible in a changing environment.
- Must be able to carry loads greater than 35 pounds, and be able to transport up to 70 pounds regularly.
- Routinely communicating face-to-face, on the telephone and in writing, requiring strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Frequently required to climb stairs and/or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Frequently required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Must have clarity of vision of twenty inches or less.
- Travel may be required for occasional deliveries, visits to other locations, or company meetings.
- Excellent attendance within employee’s provided availability is required with schedule flexibility, including working more than 40 hours per week, as determined by business needs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. The company reserves the right to alter or modify this position description, with or without notice.