Now hiring servers for variable hour’s positions with full time potential. Experience a plus but willing to train the right individual. Apply today to be part of long established brand that is passionate about food and people.
Reports To: General Manager (GM) / Manager on Duty (MOD) and all other Managers and Supervisors
Under general direction from the General Manager and in accordance with applicable policy and procedures, the incumbent is responsible for the effective participation in the operation of the Company restaurant and the administration of all company policies and procedures within the guidelines of Weathervane Seafoods Inc. The Server is responsible for providing prompt and friendly food and beverage service to all our guests by executing 100% Guest Satisfaction as described in the Company Handbook.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Understanding the importance of fast, efficient and friendly service, 100% Guest Satisfaction
- Taking pride in his/her appearance while adhering to Weathervane Seafoods’ Dress Code
- Executing the 10 Steps of Service
- Suggestive selling/ up-selling
- Menu/ feature menu knowledge
- Repeat orders back to guests and accurately input all orders on the Point of Sale System
- Responsible for attention and prompt response to the guests needs and requests throughout their entire visit.
- Sanitation during service
- Follow all policies for handling a guest with an allergy
- Follow all policies regarding alcohol service
- Executing Team Service
- Presenting an accurate guest check, accept payment, and quickly and accurately completing the transaction.
- Knowledge of all forms of payments/ loyalty cards and coupons..
- Ensure that all coupons, cash, gift certificates, Lobster bucks and credit card slips are retained and organized throughout your entire shift
- Alerting MOD with every complaint immediately
- Completing end of shift cleaning including section’s tables, chairs, walls and floors.
- Setting up/ breaking down sections
- Executing running side-work including stocking rolls, filling ice bins, making coffee, and wiping counters.
- Executing end of shift side-work as assigned by the MOD.
- Following all safety procedures
- Knowing when to ask for help
- Answer the phone and assist with answering guests questions in a friendly and courteous way
- Assist in seating guests according to the Line-up and guests’ specific needs.
- Executing Host Steps
- When required either by unit volume or staffing levels, capable of working a minimum of 4 consecutive hours without a break.
- Accurately and effectively communicates with guests, staff and management.
- Reads required Company and unit Memos, Safety Posters, and Daily Server Log and performs required tasks and follows new policies.
- Communicates all issues regarding the guests, staff or restaurant to the GM, MOD or DM in an effective and timely manner.
- Accurately punch in and out on the Point of Sale System, including breaks and job changes
- Declares all required tips daily and signs Form 4048
- Organizes and presents cash out with all required slips and cash
- Reviews the schedule on a weekly basis
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position requires the employee to be available to work their provided availability, which may include weekends and/or holidays. Any changes in availably must be provided to the GM or DM in writing for approval.
- The Server will perform other related duties as required.
- High School Diploma or High School equivalency preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- 90% of time standing and 10% of time sitting.
- Direct contact with guests, managers and employees.
- Behaves professionally and can be flexible in a changing environment.
- Must be able to carry loads greater than 35 pounds, and be able to transport up to 50 pounds regularly.
- Routinely communicating face-to-face, on the telephone and in writing, requiring strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Frequently required to climb stairs and/or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Frequently required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Must have clarity of vision of twenty inches or less.
- Travel may be required for occasional deliveries, visits to other locations, or company meetings.
- The company will schedule the employee, as it deems necessary for successful operation of the restaurant within the provided availability.
- Excellent attendance within employee’s provided availability is required with schedule flexibility, including working more than 40 hours per week, as determined by business needs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. The company reserves the right to alter or modify this position description, with or without notice.