Now hiring kitchen helpers for variable hours positions with full time potential. Experience a plus but willing to train the right individual. Apply today to be part of long established brand that is passionate about food and people.
Reports To: General Manager (GM) / Manager on Duty (MOD) / Kitchen Manager (KM) / Kitchen Supervisor (KS)
Under general direction from the General Manager and in accordance with applicable policy and procedures, the incumbent is responsible to assist in the effective operation of the kitchen of a Company restaurant and the administration of all company policies and procedures within the guidelines of Weathervane Seafoods Inc. The Kitchen Helper ensures that all company property and equipment are properly maintained, assists in staff development for the continued growth of the Company.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Understanding the importance of following recipes and plating food to ensure 100% Guest Satisfaction
- Taking pride in his/her appearance while adhering to Weathervane Seafoods’ Dress Code
- Following all safety and sanitation guidelines at all times
- Ensuring the highest quality preparation and presentation of food items
- Serving hot food hot and cold food cold every time
- Portioning food by correct weight into individual and bulk packages
- Washing and cleaning fruit and vegetables for peeling, dicing, shredding or slicing using kitchen hand-utensils or electric equipment.
- Preparing food in a way to avoid waste and spoilage, ensure high quality, and to maintain food safety standards.
- Completing specific cleaning responsibilities and station maintenance including but not limited to, the walk-in refrigeration, prep, and dry storage areas.
- Setting up, maintaining and breaking down the kitchen utilizing current Line Check and Kitchen Closing Check sheet
- Stocking or restocking items on the line according to specification.
- Following proper dishwashing and pot washing procedures.
- Responsible for the set-up, cleaning and stocking of assigned area.
- Reads slips to ensure food is delivered to the correct table and guest.
- Assists with delivering food to tables in a timely manner and communicates with the correct server any guests’ requests.
- When required either by unit volume or staffing levels, must be proficient as defined by the company at preparing all food items, dishwashing and running food, and capable of working a minimum of 4 consecutive hours without a break.
- Meeting Weathervane Seafood’s standards on all designated evaluation tools
- Adhere to all company policies regarding proper rotation of product and proper use of day dots and day bags.
- Tare all scales prior to use and check periodically with continued use.
- Keeps all product at proper temperature, reach-in coolers at correct temperature, doors and flip tops of reach-in coolers kept closed, product kept below the ice on the drop table, walk-in freezer and cooler doors kept closed.
- Assist to maintain a sanitation score above an 80%.
- Responsible for completing nightly closing duties.
- Follows through with assigned weekly/monthly cleaning tasks.
- Ensures that all storage areas, coolers and lines are clean and organized at all times.
- Communicate any sanitation or equipment issues to the Kitchen Manager or Manager on Duty
- Accurately and effectively communicates with staff and management.
- Follows Company and unit Memos and emails and effectively communications required actions to the kitchen staff.
- Communicates all issues regarding the staff or restaurant to the KM, GM or MOD in an effective and timely manner.
- Accurately punch in and out on the Point of Sale System, including breaks and job changes
- Reviews the schedule on a weekly basis
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position requires the employee to be available to work their provided availability, which will include weekends and/or holidays. Any changes in availability must be provided to the GM or DM in writing for approval.
- The Kitchen Helper will make certain all policies and procedures set forth in the Safety handbook are being followed properly in the unit.
- The Kitchen Helper will perform other related duties as required.
- Some High School preferred
- Serv Safe or other Certified Food Safety Course approved by the Company
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- 90% of time standing and 10% of time sitting.
- Direct contact with vendors, managers and employees.
- Behaves professionally and can be flexible in a changing environment.
- Must be able to carry loads greater than 35 pounds, and be able to transport up to 70 pounds regularly.
- Routinely communicating face-to-face, on the telephone and in writing, requiring strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Frequently required to climb stairs and/or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Frequently required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Must have clarity of vision of twenty inches or less.
- Travel may be required for occasional deliveries, visits to other locations, or company meetings.
- Excellent attendance within employee’s provided availability is required with schedule flexibility, including working more than 40 hours per week, as determined by business needs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. The company reserves the right to alter or modify this position description, with or without notice.